Thursday, April 19, 2012

Busting it!

Well, I may have doubted my stamina being on my feet for seven and a half hours on Saturday, but I totally busted it today!  I work out at Cahaba Fitness and they have a "30 Day Challenge" going on.  It started on Monday.  Because I am taking on some new challenges anyway, I decided to do the 30 days of Paleo eating.  In addition, we did a lot of baseline strength and endurance testing today.  Adrienne Moore is my trainer, and she took me through all the tests for an hour.  I was totally spent at the end of it, but it was a good kind of tired.  The best part was, I surpassed almost everyone else she had tested already this week!  That made me really happy!  She has clients of all ages and this 59 year old set some new standards! 
Of course, this is all very exciting considering that I was on the sofa last year at this time.  I told Adrienne that a large part of my energy for workouts I attribute to this supplement I have called Overdrive.  It is still me, but that stuff contains a bunch of vitamins that sustains a person through a workout.  So, between the Overdrive and a competitive nature - at least when it comes to physical challenges, I had a great time today.  We will be tested again in six weeks.  I hope that I am stronger by then.  I should end up being tested at least two times before my birthday, so that is a nice structure to have for my physical goals during this 100 days.
I am not as sure I will do the Paleo for 100 days, but I will at least do it for 30.  So far, I have been on the diet for four days and have lost 4.6 pounds.  That always sounds good, but I am interested in the long term trends.  Honestly, I didn't want this 100 days to be about weight loss, but I am interested in healthy eating, so I believe this is a good protocol to be on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment